Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Attend our 2017 Conference
- Look Back at Our 2016 Conference
Entrepreneurs United is an annual gathering of Teach For America alumni entrepreneurs, corps members and staff. Entrepreneurs United offers:
- skills-based training
- strategic access to opportunities for sustaining, growing, and scaling innovations
- networking opportunities with peers and industry experts
Participants are grounded in social innovation as a means to eliminate educational inequity in our world.
We are excited to host the 2017 Entrepreneurs United Conference from April 21-22, 2017.
We’re designing this conference to foster a dynamic network of innovators, strengthen the development of entrepreneurs of all stages and activate the creative problem solver mindset. Registration opens in February 2017.
Sign up here to get new details first!
In February 2016, Entrepreneurs United took place at the 25th Anniversary Summit. It was a unique opportunity that brought together hundreds of innovators committed to ending educational inequity in our lifetime. Participants joined us to activate and strengthen the creative problem-solver within.
This mini-conference had three tracks tailored to meet the needs of entrepreneurs at all stages from seasoned to aspiring to those curious about innovation in general. The tracks included:
- Social Innovation 101: An introductory track on the skills, resources, and mindsets necessary for entrepreneurs to address challenges inside and outside of the classroom.
- Design-A-Thon (Solution and Skills Through Practice): A track for budding or existing entrepreneurs ready to rapidly accelerate their work through an intensive design-based hack-a-thon. Participants walked away with concrete solutions, prototypes, and methods to move their idea forward.
- Master’s Track for Current and Established Entrepreneurs: A track for entrepreneurs seeking coaching, community, and connections. This track offered opportunities to hone skills, gain exposure from influential audiences, and receive coaching from a diverse set of experts.
Regional Design Camp
In partnership with regional leadership, Design Camp equips alumni and corps members with the skills to:
- identify a challenge
- deepen their understanding of their community
- design and pitch their solution to local leaders
Design Camp aims to spark creative problem solving and systemic innovation among aspiring entrepreneurs. It looks to expand the pipeline of entrepreneurs working toward educational equity and accelerate the launch process for promising entrepreneurs.
In partnership with leading accelerators, this program combines in-person facilitation, online communities of support, small group field work, and one-on-one coaching. Participants will produce a testable prototype.