Skip to main content
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Online Application

My degree is from a foreign university so I do not have a GPA on a 4.00 scale. How should I enter my GPA?

If you indicated your school was outside of the US, you do not need to enter a cumulative GPA. Instead, you will provide additional information in the text box provided in this section.


If you are invited to an interview, you will be asked to upload a copy of your transcript. Foreign transcripts must be translated completely into English, and foreign grades must be converted using a 4.00 scale, you'll want to ask if your registrar can recommend a transcript translation and/or conversion company. For a fee, these companies will translate foreign transcripts into English and/or convert foreign grades to a 4.00 scale. Teach For America does not have a preference as to which company provides this service, so long as the transcript is in English and the grades are converted. Some of our past applicants have used the World Education Services and found that this service quickly provided translated and/or converted transcripts.

Applicants, have questions or need help? Contact us