We Collect and Use the Following Information Through Our Services:
To access certain features and benefits on our Services, you may need to submit "Personal Information" (i.e., information that identifies you individually). Personal Information includes information such as your name, social security number, home address, telephone number, email address, demographic data, location data, tracking and device identification information. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personal Information you submit to Teach For America. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use our Services, the information you receive when using our Services, and our ability to contact you.
We collect and store Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. For instance, when you sign up for newsletters and messaging, register and/or use certain special features of our Services such as resources or affinity programming; send us messages, participate in surveys, apply for corps membership; apply for employment, internship opportunities or fellowship programs or when you purchase products and/or make donations on our Services and as more fully described below.
Information We Collect and Use When You Engage With Us:
Newsletters and Updates: In order to subscribe to our newsletter or messaging updates, you will need to input Personal Information in the "Newsletter Signup" link ("Newsletter Link"). At any time, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" option when updating your contact information in the Newsletter Link.
SMS text messages: You may opt into receiving SMS text messages sent by Teach For America. Terms and conditions apply. These messages may be recurring or sent on-time. By opting in or using the text service, you accept the terms and conditions.
- You agree to receive alerts and information via text message from Teach For America.
- By opting into the Text Service, you confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to opt-in. You further consent to the use of an electronic record to document your opt-in.
- You may cancel service at any time by texting STOP in the SMS text message.
- Any dispute arising from these Terms or access to or participation in the Text Services will be governed by and in accordance with the law of New York, without regard to conflict of law, rules, or principles. Any dispute between the parties will be resolved in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York.
Surveys and Research: From time to time, Teach For America sends surveys that ask for your feedback so we may improve our services, conduct research and publish reports (only anonymized information is included). You can voluntarily provide data based on the specific survey. Other possible information collected may relate to an applicant's perceptions of Teach For America and their other job offers.
If you apply for optional transitional funding, you will be asked for additional Personal Information including but not limited to: income information, student loan amounts, parental contribution to college, parent student loan amounts, grant amounts, savings/checking/stock account information, credit card debt, retirement savings, and mortgage information.
If you apply for employment with Teach For America, you will need to provide additional Personal Information, such as your educational background, most recent salary/salary requirements, professional references, and EEO information.
If you provide family contact information, we may use such information to send periodic newsletters and organizational updates.
Resources and Opportunities: Teach For America at times may provide additional optional resources to individuals that create opportunities to further connect to our mission, enhance your knowledge about our mission and/or connect you with others who work towards our mission. Information collected for these resources may include Personal Information.
Purchases: When purchasing products through our Services, you are required to provide us with Personal Information such as your name, address, billing information (e.g., credit card information or PayPal account and billing address) and email address. We use Personal Information collected during the purchasing process to fulfill the order and send the product (either directly or through our providers), and we may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you related to your purchase.
Corps and Alumni Networks: Teach For America has a searchable database/social network of corps members and alumni on its portal. Information provided by matriculated corps members and alumni will pre-populate fields including name, current location, and corps membership region and year. As discussed above, certain special features of the portal will require you to register with your email as your username, which will then be viewable by all other participants of such special features.
Activity Information: When users use our Services, we may track, collect, and aggregate your activity and usage information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Services were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were clicked. We use this data in anonymous, aggregated form to build higher quality and more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Services. Collecting this information may involve logging the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of our Services. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
In Pursuit of Furthering Our Mission: In certain instances, Teach For America may share personal information with contracted partners where we have written agreements that limit their use of Personal Information and include privacy, security and confidentiality requirements.
Disclosure to Teach For America Operations and Maintenance Contractors: Our operations and maintenance contractors may have limited access to your Personal Information while providing products or services to us. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of our Services. Teach For America enters into confidentiality agreements with its operations and maintenance contractors who have access to your Personal Information. Moreover, access to your Personal Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
There are several ways to manage cookies. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies (except strictly necessary) or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide details on how to accept or disable cookies, or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you reject our Cookies, certain features and conveniences of our Services may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use many features of our Services.
We collect the following cookies and similar technologies:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are necessary to operate the Services and cannot be disabled by your browser settings. You can set your browser to alert you about these Strictly Necessary Cookies.
- Functional: These cookies provide you with a more tailored experience and allow you to make certain selections on the Services. For example, these cookies store information such as your preferred language and website preferences. Opting out of Functional Cookies may affect the functionality of the Service. Certain features of the Services depend on cookies – so if you block all cookies, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Services.
- Analytic: These cookies and other technologies allow us to understand how you interact with the Services (e.g., how often you use the Services, where you are accessing the Services from, the content that you are interacting with). Analytic cookies enable us to support and improve how the Services operates. We use Google Analytics cookies to help us measure traffic and[DM1] usage trends for the Services, and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We also may use web beacons to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns via HTML emails . If you do not allow Analytic Cookies, then we will not know when you have visited the Services and we will not be able to monitor their performance. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please see Google’s opt-out information (Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page). You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and interacted with the content. For example, web beacons in emails may be blocked by setting your email preferences to “Plain Text Only”.
- Social Media: We provide social media buttons or links on our Services that link to our social media pages. These social media pages are not owned or operated by Teach for America. If you click on the social media button, you will be taken to our page operated by the social media service and a cookie may be set by the social media service to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. It is your choice whether to log-in to your social media account. These sites are governed by their own privacy and related policies. Please read them to understand how they may use your information.
- Targeting and interest based ads: We may receive audience based data (such as pixel traffic and conversion data) from social media platform providers (i.e., Facebook and Twitter), – marketing partners, and other based on information such as IP addresses. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant promotional content related to Teach for America on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
You can opt out of interest-based targeting ads provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://youradchoices.com). In addition, on your iPhone, iPad or Android, you can change your device settings to control whether you see online interest-based ads.
Confidentiality & Security of Personal Information
Teach For America takes reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from disclosure to, or access by third parties to better ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. We have implemented organizational and technical safeguards designed to help protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information. We also have restrictions on how we share, transmit, authorize access, and store Personal Information. . Please note that we do not guarantee the security of Personal Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet will be intercepted. Because of this, you are responsible for helping to protect the security of your own information. We encourage you to create and protect a strong password and never give out your account credentials. In the event of a security incident or breach, we may contact you to notify you of such incident and you understand that we may use your contact information for this purpose.
Your Choices Related to Your Personal Information
You may review and update your Personal Information by submitting a written request. You may also email us at email@example.com to update your Personal Information in our systems or to opt out of further communications from us. We’ll respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe and as required by applicable law.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed for legitimate business purposes, to provide you Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can ask us to disable your Teach for America account. If we disable your account, you won’t be able to access your account or any information related to any other activity. Once your account has been disabled, it cannot be restored. See our Regional Information notice below for additional information about your rights.
At any time, you can opt out of receiving our newsletters, updates, donation requests, promotional information and other non transactional communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" option in any communications from us, making changes in your accounts or when updating your contact information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact Teach For America using the information provided below.
State Specific or Regional information
In certain U.S. states and regions outside the U.S., you may have additional rights. This may include the right to request access or to update or review your information, request that it be deleted or anonymized, or object to or restrict Teach for America from using it for certain purposes. If you wish to exercise a right, please see the Contact Us section below. Our ability to respond to specific requests may be limited by applicable law and the functionality of our Services.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents may have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such requests, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below.
The full potential of our diverse network will be reached only when we are an equitable and inclusive community. Understanding diversity requires acknowledging the backgrounds and characteristics that make one individual or group distinct from another. The information can help us better understand the strengths, needs, and experiences of diverse groups in our communities and the differences and disparities among those groups. The data can be used to better inform new initiatives and create a culture where we can further our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and our pursuit of racial equity. By providing the demographic data, you will support us in improving and evolving as an organization.
Our Services are hosted on servers located in the United States and are intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you access our Services from any region or country with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, you acknowledge and agree that that the United States has standards for the processing and storage of Personal Information that may not be equivalent to (and may be less comprehensive than) those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and you consent to Teach for America’s collection, transfer, processing, and storage of your Personal Information in the United States.
Protecting Children's Privacy
Teach For America strongly believes in protecting the privacy of students and the schools in which we work. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information on our Services from persons under 13 years of age. Generally, our program services are not intended for individuals under 13 years of age. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personal Information of persons under 13 years of age that has been collected on our Services without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personal Information.
Do Not Track
Teach for America does not currently support Do Not Track signals that you may set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want tracked.
Contacting Teach For America
Address: 25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004
What You Consent to by Using Our Services