The Alumni Directory is an online tool that allows Teach For America alumni to search and connect with other TFA alumni. All TFA alumni who have completed their two-year commitment can access and connect with other alumni via the Alumni Directory.
To access the Alumni Directory, log into teachforamerica.org with the same account you used to apply to the corps. A link to the Aalumni dDirectory should appear on your dashboard upon logging in.
If you don’t remember your password or email, use the “I forgot my password link” on the login screen.
If you no longer have access to the email address you used to create your teachforamerica.org account – no worries! Click the contact us page on teachforamerica.org website, fill out the form with your personal information, and select these options for the following fields:
- I am: An alum
- Trying to: Solve a problem with the website
- Tell Us More: I am unable to sign in to my teachforamerica.org account
From there, a TFA staff member will help recover your account!
- Here are good reasons to use the Alumni Directory:
- You’re relocating to a new city/state
- Looking for career transition advice from someone in a particular industry or role or at a specific company
- Looking to connect with others in similar career paths
- Looking to hear about an alum’s experience working for a certain employer
- Keep in mind, the Alumni Directory is a professional networking tool, and we expect that alumni conduct themselves in that manner while using the Alumni Directory.
If you’re ever stuck or need help with the Alumni Directory and the responses below do not answer your question, use the contact us form to get help from the Alumni Directory support team. When filling out the contact us form, make sure you fill out these certain fields as detailed below:
- I am: An Alum
- Trying to: Solve a problem with the Alumni Directory
Tell Us More: Pick most applicable option
The new Alumni Directory is a digital platform aimed at strengthening our alumni network by creating easier pathways for alumni to connect, collaborate, and build community as impact-oriented professionals. You can use the directory to search for alumni by their ed equity interests and affinities. Think of it as a virtual phone book of 38,000+ alumni in the network.
On the other hand, TFA Career Connect is the place to go for browsing / searching for jobs, talent, and organizations who are interested in hiring TFA alumni and corps members. When looking to establish career connections or explore new job opportunities, you can also use it to gain access to others in the network beyond fellow alumni, as corps members, staff members, and non-alumni recruiters / employer partners can all access TFA Career Connect as well.
The best thing about having access to both tools, is that you can start with one and then supplement it with the other, depending on your connecting needs!