Encore Fellowship is a two year fellowship that recruits TFA’s highest performing corps members entering their third year and alumni entering their fourth year in the classroom and asks them to commit themselves to live and continue to teach in Detroit. It exists to keep talented educators within the city of Detroit and ensure our students receive a best in class education by highly trained professional educators. Through Encore, fellows will continue the arc of development started during their two years in the corps by engaging in high quality professional development on culturally responsive pedagogy and practice, instructional best practices for rigor and academic excellence, diversity, equity and inclusion, community building, and teacher leadership. Fellows will leave the program with the mindsets and skills necessary to lead transformational classrooms.
- Signing bonus of $1,500 for applicants currently living and working in Michigan
- Signing bonus of $2,000 and additional moving allowance available for fellows moving from out-of-state
- A monthly housing subsidy if living in Detroit
- Wellness stipend or YMCA gym membership
- Job placement support
- Ongoing field support from an experienced Teach For America instructional coach
- Monthly circles focused on growing in culturally relevant pedagogy
- Quarterly sessions in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with nationally recognized leader in DEI
- Differentiated second year experience tailored to your context and goals
- Additional retention bonus of $2,000 upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Friday, April 10th – Friday, May 8th, 2020— Application Live
- Friday May 8th , 2020 @ 11:59 PM EST — Application Deadline
- Join a community of dedicated educators committed to continuing their growth as leaders in their school communities and the city of Detroit.
- Learn through dialogue and collaboration centered on authentic and impactful leadership, culturally responsive pedagogy, and systems impact
- Deepen your understanding of yourself, others, and the context in which you lead through experiences in diversity, equity and inclusion training
- Remain connected to the Teach for America community while continuing to build your network with fellow educators and advocates for educational equity throughout Detroit.
- Detroit Leads Fellows must complete their two year commitment in their Detroit Leads fellowship placement school.
- The fellowship cohort will meet monthly. Teach for America Detroit will work with school partners to ensure fellows are able to engage in monthly workshops and communities of practice, guaranteeing fellows will spend no more than 6 working days at a location other than their school site due to fellowship activities.
- Fellows already teaching in Detroit will have the option of staying in their current schools or moving to one of our partner schools. Fellows moving into Detroit will be supported in the hiring process and matched with one of our partner schools.
- We currently partner with Detroit Achievement Academy, Detroit Prep, Detroit Public Schools Community District, Escuela Avancemos, New Paradigm For Education, and Promise Schools.
Join us for a Webinar
- Wednesday, April 22 @ 6pm EST
- Monday, May 4 @ 7pm EST