Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Detroit region.
Salaries range from $38,000 - $51,000. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
Our partner schools offer health insurance and retirement benefits, though the specific plans will vary from school to school.
- First Month's Rent and Deposit: $1,000 - $1,500
- Professional Attire: $215
- School Supplies: $250
- Travel to Summer Training: $350
Rent & Utilities
- Single: $900 - $1,400
- Shared: $500 - $700
- Phone, Internet, Utilities: $100
- Up-front Testing Costs: $0
- Up-front Certification Costs: $160
- Ongoing Certification Costs: $11,000
- Access to a car is required.