Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Baltimore region.
New teacher salaries in Baltimore City Public Schools range from $52,700 - $55,900 depending on degree level.. Corps members are hired by Baltimore City Public Schools and are responsible for obtaining certification and employment. Corps members are not employed by Teach For America.
Baltimore City Public Schools offers health insurance and retirement benefits. Click here to learn more.
Rent & Utilities
- Single: approximately $1500/month
- Shared: approximately $900/month
- Utilities: approximately $200/month
- Phone, Internet, Utilities: $120
- Transit Pass: $20
- Up-front Testing Costs: $130-$375
- Cost for the certification-only program is approximately $7,800 for CMs in secondary subjects and about $13,600 for CMs in elem/ECE subjects in 2022. Applying to JHU's Masters of Science in Education program is optional for Baltimore corps members, and the cost of this program is $38,908. Tuition costs are subject to change.
- Access to a car is not required, but strongly recommended.