Our Commitment to Privacy
As a donor submitting your Personal Information to Teach For America, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
This information is any information that identifies you personally; this may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the Personal Information that you have provided Teach For America such as name, email address, telephone number, payment information, and employment information. The manner in which we collect Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, when you contribute monetarily on our website, at an event, or other interactions.
Please note that this policy only covers information relating to you as a donor that we collected from you when you made a donation. If you are also an alum, corps member, staff member, or other affiliate of Teach For America, and you have given us personally identifying information through other means, then that information will be governed by the relevant confidentiality policy.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not rent or exchange donor lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information collected on the website or through any other fundraising solicitation.
Our partner organization Teach For All has access to view your Personal Information through our resource sharing agreements. We do not receive any payment in exchange for sharing access with Teach For All.
- Our technology and data contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personal Information in the course of providing products or services to us. Teach For America enters into confidentiality agreements with its operations and maintenance contractors who have access to your Personal Information. Moreover, access to your Personal Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
- We do not send you donation solicitation mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We use and/or archive Personal Information collected when you make a donation to process your donation (either directly or through our providers) for future communications with you.
- We use your information to comply with law and regulations or comply with legal demands.
- We use the Personal Information to protect against potential fraud.
- We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other donation.
- We will provide you with an opportunity to review information that we have collected about you. To review the information please email us at email@example.com.
We Care About Doing it Right
Teach For America is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your information. We have procedures to check for errors, and our systems are periodically audited to make sure we process your information securely and accurately.
If you would like to make corrections to your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.