Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the San Antonio region.
Salaries range from $50,000-$52,000 for new teachers in San Antonio. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
- Monthly pre-tax salary: $3,371
- Taxes: $794
- Health insurance: $10-$100
- Monthly take home pay: $3,500
Average benefits of schools in this region:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Referral-free access to doctors
- Routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Deposit: $800
- First-month rent: $800
- Moving cost: $300
Rent & Utilities
- Single: $800
- Shared: $600
- Transportation (Car loan, gas, insurance, etc.)
- Health insurance
No housing assistance available at this time.
Most corps members find that a car is required to get around.