Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the San Antonio region.
You’ll be paid the same as other beginning teachers working for the same employer. Salaries typically range from $49,000 to $53,000 in San Antonio, depending on the grade and subject level you teach; salaries for intern and certified teachers range as well. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America. Below is an estimate of your paycheck breakdown based on a $53,000 salary.
- Monthly pre-tax salary: $4,416
- Taxes: $722
- Health insurance: $32-$230
- Monthly take-home pay: $3,594
Average benefits of schools in this region:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Referral-free access to doctors
- Routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Deposit: $650 - $1,200
- First-month rent: $1,000
- Moving cost: $1,500
Rent & Utilities
- Transportation (Car loan, gas, insurance, etc.)
- Health insurance
No housing assistance is available at this time.
A driver’s license and car are required to live in San Antonio. It is essential to your success that you are able to get around the city quickly and easily.