Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the New York region.
Average salary range is $44,000 - $58,000 for new teachers in New York. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
Our partner schools offer health insurance and retirement benefits, though the specific plans will vary from school to school.
- First Month's Rent & Deposit $3,000
- Professional Attire: $215
- School Supplies: $250
Rent & Utilities
- $1,800 Single
- $1,500 Shared
- Phone, Internet, Utilities: $200
- Transit Pass: $127
- Up-front Testing Costs: $700
- Up-front Certification Costs: $1,615
- Ongoing Certification Costs: $17,500
Most corps members find that a car is optional to get around.