Salaries range from $43,000 to $49,000 for new teachers in Memphis. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by TFA.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $3,500
- Taxes: $400
- Health Insurance: $200
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $2,900
Average benefits of schools in this Memphis:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Referral-free access to doctors
- Routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Average Deposit: $500
- Moving costs: $400
Travel to institute: None, as we host our regional summer training institute here in Memphis.
Rent & Utilities
- $900 Single
- $500 Shared
- Food: Memphis has a low cost of living, including food prices. Corps members have access to a variety of grocery options.
- Utilities: $75
- Gas/Insurance: $150
Incoming corps members have access to an active Facebook group including current corps members and alumni, which many use to source housing options.
Housing is plentiful in Memphis, with many affordable options. We recommend corps members wait until arrival in Memphis for institute to begin their housing search, so you have an opportunity to get to know the different neighborhoods and any potential roommates.
Most corps members find that a car is required to get around.