Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Los Angeles region.
In Los Angeles, corps members are independently hired and employed by local schools, districts, or charter management organizations. Salaries for new teachers range between $45,000 - $61,000 and Corps members are responsible for meeting all certification requirements in order to legally teach.
Approximated Projected Income:
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: ~$3,750 - $5,080
- Taxes: $400
- Health Insurance: $200
- Monthly Take Home Pay: ~$3,150 - $4,480
Benefits vary according to the hiring partner. Standard benefits include: medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; retirement benefits; family-planning services; and more.
Moving costs vary according to living arrangements and relocation circumstances. Some common relocation costs include:
- Airfare (for out-of-state corps members): ~$300
- Housing Costs: ~$1900 (includes first and last month’s rent)
- Transportation Costs: $50
Rent & Utilities
Rent depends on your personal circumstances. Here are general estimates of these costs:
- Single Living Arrangement: $1,200 - $1,700
- Shared Living Arrangement: $900 - $1,200