Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Indianapolis region.
Salaries range from $40,000-47,000 for new teachers in Indianapolis. Corps members are independently hired by the district or local schools.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $3,600 (based on rough averages)
- Taxes: $930
- Health Insurance: $90
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $2,580
Benefits packages vary across the schools and school systems where corps members are hired. Generally, they will include medical, retirement, and employee wellness benefits.
Approximate moving costs are as follows:
- First month’s rent/deposit: $550 shared, $850 single
- Up front testing costs: $150
- Up front certification costs: $80
- Travel to summer training: $300
- Professional attire: $250
- School supplies: $250
- Total: $1,580-1,880
Rent & Utilities
- $550 shared, $850 single
- Phone/internet/utilities $90
- Food: $350/mo
- Gas: $60/mo
- Phone/internet/utilities: $90/mo
A car is required.