Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Greater Philadelphia region.
Salaries range from $45,000 to $48,000 for new teachers in Philadelphia. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
Moving costs range between $300 and $500.
Rent & Utilities
Rent: ~ $725/mo (with a roommate)
- Rent: ~ $725/mo (with a roommate)
- Phone, Internet, Utilities: ~ $200/mo
- Transportation: ~ $91/mo
- Estimated monthly expenses: $1,016
Most corps members find that public transportation is the best way to get around Philadelphia.