For 30 years, Teach For America (TFA) has worked in solidarity with schools across Greater New Orleans (GNO) to transform education, bringing over 3,000 talented leaders to serve our community and expand opportunity for children, starting in the classroom.
Now, more than ever, we need leaders who are 100% committed to creating the most equitable community for kids and families. Our region has worked together to rebuild after Katrina, advocate for safety and equity through the pandemic, and now must innovate around the increasing challenges of climate change. Collectively, we continue to battle barriers to realizing educational equity for all students such as systemic racism and trauma.
These are not easy obstacles to overcome, but we can't give up! Our students are the people who will lead GNO through these crises and the ones to come, so we must be all-in for them, for their families, and for each other.
Championing our mission takes many forms. We welcome you to volunteer with our community partners, stay informed by following our blog and social media pages, and become a donor. You will drive transformational change across Greater New Orleans by joining TFA GNO’s diverse coalition of leaders that is:
All-in for Students
Children need equity-minded, highly trained teachers who are dedicated to their academic and personal growth.
All-in for Teachers
This is a challenging time to be a teacher as they help students overcome the effects of trauma, the pandemic and Hurricane Ida.
By joining our base of dedicated supporters, you could:
- $120 (or $10 monthly) –Give our deserving teachers access to an opportunity to connect with each other and the community through volunteer engagements and wellness events.
- $500 (or $40 monthly) –Support four hiring events that ensure qualified teachers are prepared and ready to start on the first day of school.
- $1000 (or $83 monthly) -Give access to innovative professional development opportunities like our Alumni Coaching Fellowship which train a cadre of future teacher-leaders to coach, support, and guide their colleagues towards excellent, equitable outcomes for students.
- $1,500 (or $125 monthly) -Facilitate our recruitment efforts to bring and retain more talented, equity-minded teachers to Greater New Orleans.
- $2,500 (or $208 monthly) -Expand our work beyond the classroom with flagship programs like our Policy Fellowship, giving corps members and alumni the opportunity to engage in policy development for the purposes of elevating their leadership to create and sustain transformational change.
- $5,000 (or $416 monthly)- Offset costs related to training and support during one year of TFA’s two-year service commitment.
Corporate, Foundation, and Public Support
Doris & Donald Fisher Fund
The Walton Family Foundation
U.S. Department of Education
The Booth-Bricker Fund
Goldring Family Foundation & Woldenberg Foundation
Pro Bono Publico Foundation
Baptist Community Ministries
Capital One Financial Corporation
Gustaf W. McIlhenny Foundation
The Selley Foundation
Allstate Sugar Bowl
The Toler Foundation
The College Football Playoff Foundation Fund of the Dallas Foundation
The Ella West Freeman Foundation
Eugenie and Joseph Jones Family Foundation
Jones Walker L.L.P.
Louise H. Moffett Family Foundation
United Way of Southeast Louisiana
Eason Weinmann Foundation
Lauricella Land Company Foundation
New Orleans City Council
Sherrill Family Foundation
Tabitha and Michael Lewis Fund
Mr. and Mrs. Emanuel Blessey
Loving Family Fund
Pat and William H. Shane
Sarah N. and Thomas M. Usdin
Mr. & Mrs. J. Thomas Lewis Fund
Cathy and Mark McRae
Pattabi Seshadri of the Boston Consulting Group, in honor of the employees of Entergy
William & Jane Sizeler
Mr. and Mrs. Robert S. and Ann Boh
Mr. and Mrs. George Perry Eastman III
Dana and Louis Shepard Donor Advised Fund
Kia and Christian Brown
Claire & John Carrere
Laura H. Hoenig
Sally and James M. Lapeyre, Jr.
David G. Perlis
Lamar & Michelle Villere