Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Greater Cleveland region.
Salaries range from $36,000 to $44,000 for new teachers in Greater Cleveland. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by TFA.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $3,500
- Taxes: $750
- Health Insurance: $100
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $2,650
Average benefits of schools in this region:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Referral-free access to doctors
- Routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- First month’s rent and deposit: $1100
- Moving expenses and furniture: $500
Rent & Utilities
- $785 Single / $685 Shared
- Health Insurance
Most corps members find that a car is required to get around.