Learn more about Teach For America's work in the Delaware region.
All children in Delaware can and must have access to an excellent education with a sustained year-over-year investment in talent and leadership. Teach for America-Delaware continues to develop leaders throughout their two-year commitment to teaching and beyond.
We Harness the Power of Leaders
- As a small state of 130,000 students, with 19 districts and 24 charter schools in urban and rural communities, we must see excellence right here in our communities and have the conviction and courage to pursue it against tremendous odds.
- In pursuit of excellence for our schools and communities, since 2011, Teach For America-Delaware has recruited and trained more than 300 teachers, grown our alumni base from 19 to 130, and has been the catalyst for 8 teachers to become Teachers of the Year.
- We launched very successful initiatives including Lead for Delaware and Engage Delaware to empower educators and alumni who stay in Delaware by ensuring they are connected through career conversations, professional development opportunities, and affinity spaces they need to grow their leadership and to push for the catalytic change needed to transform society.
- With 80% retention in our communities after Teach for America’s two- year program, we are growing education advocates and activists who are leading efforts in our state; not just in our schools as teachers and principals, but in the social, public, and private sectors that make up and influence the broader system of equity.
- By bringing people together with a shared passion for education and deep conviction in this work and equipping them with the knowledge, resources, and necessary networks, we are building a powerful collective to ensure that one day, all children in Delaware will attend an excellent school.
We Strengthen Leaders for Impact in Classrooms and Beyond
Current programming reinforces our continued efforts to recruit, retain, and support leaders in Delaware as we focus on social and emotional wellness, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in our schools and communities. Corps members and Teach For America-Delaware staff are immersed in training that we are committed to expanding to our school and business partners as we strategically cultivate changemakers.
Alumni continue to work directly in education
Connect With Us
1200 North French Street, Suite 520
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Katie Magboo, Manager, Alumni Impact and Matriculation
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.