Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Colorado region.
Salaries range from $30,000 to $39,000 for new teachers in Colorado. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employee and are not paid directly by Teach For America.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $2,800
- Taxes: $725
- Health Insurance: $80
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $1,995
While benefits are managed by the school or districts in which corps members are placed, benefits typically offered to corps members include:
- Health Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Life Insurance
- Retirement benefits
Moving costs will vary depending on where you are moving from and to which part of Colorado you are moving. The average deposit is first and last months rent.
Rent + Utilities
Similarly, rent and utilities will vary across Colorado Springs, Denver, and Pueblo.
- Rent for a single resident can range from $800 - $1,500.
- Rent for a shared resident can range from $400 - $800.
- $80 - Health Insurance
- $150 - Phone, Internet, Utilities
Other expenses may include: Student loans, car payment, food, childcare, gas/car insurance, etc.
Each corps member has the freedom and flexibility to determine the best living arrangement based on their individual needs and preferences.
Corps members in Colorado require a car.