In Western New York, you can enjoy the perks of city living without the hefty price tag. Our cost of living is one third lower than the national average.
Salaries range from $32,000 - $35,000. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
Our partner schools offer health insurance and retirement benefits, though the specific plans will vary from school to school.
- First Month's Rent and Deposit: $1,300
- Professional Attire: $215
- School Supplies: $250
- Travel to Summer Training: $300
Rent & Utilities
- Single: $750
- Shared: $650
- Phone, Internet, Utilities: $150
- Transit Pass: $75
- Up-front Testing Costs: $550
- Up-front Certification Costs: $3,627
- Ongoing Certification Costs: $20,146
- Access to a car is required.