Join the New York Associate Board
We are a group of passionate individuals committed to creating positive change within the movement for education equity in New York City.
Since 2007, the Associate Board (formerly the Junior Board) has rallied support among New York City’s champions and has raised nearly one million dollars to support Teach For America New York corps members, alumni, and the over 160,000 kids they collectively serve.
What We Do
Our sights are set on building sustainable support for Teach For America New York through:
- Events that spread awareness about the need for better education for all kids in NYC, regardless of zip code.
- Fundraising that directly supports better education for kids in NYC that need it the most!
- Volunteer experiences that offer an opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- New members and new friends! Learn more about joining below.
Become an Associate Board Member
Associate Board members formally agree to take their passion for education equity to the next level through the following activities:
- Investing your time and ideas through quarterly meetings, volunteer opportunities, and annual events.
- Committing to fundraising (or giving) $2,500 or more for NYC’s kids.
- Connecting us with people and organizations in your networks to help bring TFA NY closer to reaching its goals.
- Educating yourself and advocating to your peers about how we can improve the education outcomes for low-income communities in NYC.
- Volunteering your time to opportunities that impact kids in our city.
Contact Julia Schmidt for more details.
- July (reach out in mid-June): Week of 7/8-7/12
- August (reach out in mid-July) Week of 8/5-8/9
- September (Reach out in mid-August): Week of 9/9-9/13
- October (reach out in mid-September): Week of 9/30-10/4
- December (reach out in mid-November): Week of 12/9-12/13
- February (reach out in mid-January): Week of 2/3-2/7
- April (reach out in mid-March): Week of 4/6-4/10
Meet Our Associate Board Members
Vanessa Tantillo Aronson (New York 2014)
The Arc Companies LLC
Taryn Benarroch (New York 2005)
NYU Abu Dhabi
Alvarez and Marshall
Nicole Brisbane (Miami Dade 2005)
Policy and Political Consultant
Advocacy Vice Chair
Josh Brookstein (New York 2003)
Sahn Ward Coschignano, PLLC
Vornado Realty Trust
Two Sigma Investments
Caitlin Donohue (Massachusetts 2016)
Lindy Gould (Chicago-Northwest Indiana 2012)
Membership Vice Chair
Silverstein Properties, Inc.
Carolyn Harbaugh (Rio Grande Valley 2008)
Diversity Vice Chair
Brendan Hawkes (Metro Alanta 2011)
Student Success Network
The Boston Consulting Group
Yin Lin (New York 2011)
Emily Myerson (New Jersey 2012)
A.J. Nagaraj (Hawai‘i 2006)
Stony Brook University
Hudson Bay Capital Management
Sponsorships Vice Chair
Andrew Senter (Bay Area 2010)
Victoria Senter (Chicago-Northwest Indiana 2013)
candidate for M.B.A., Columbia University
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co
Derek Smith (Houston 2002)
A House on Beekman
JP Morgan Chase
Finance Vice Chair
Grace Sutherland (Charlotte-Piedmont Triad 2012)
Adrian Uribarri (Chicago–Northwest Indiana 2010)
Marketing and Communications Consultant
Associate Board Chair
Jack Walsh (New York 2013)
Sales Vice Chair