Join the New York Associate Board
We are a group of passionate individuals committed to creating positive change within the movement for education equity in New York City.
Since 2007, the Associate Board (formerly the Junior Board) has rallied support among New York City’s champions and has raised nearly one million dollars to support Teach For America New York corps members, alumni, and the over 160,000 kids they collectively serve.
What We Do
Our sights are set on building sustainable support for Teach For America New York through:
- Events that spread awareness about the need for better education for all kids in NYC, regardless of zip code.
- Fundraising that directly supports better education for kids in NYC that need it the most!
- Volunteer experiences that offer an opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- New members and new friends! Learn more about joining below.
Become an Associate Board Member
Associate Board members formally agree to take their passion for education equity to the next level through the following activities:
- Investing your time and ideas through quarterly meetings, volunteer opportunities, and annual events.
- Committing to fundraising (or giving) $2,500 or more for NYC’s kids.
- Connecting us with people and organizations in your networks to help bring TFA NY closer to reaching its goals.
- Educating yourself and advocating to your peers about how we can improve the education outcomes for low-income communities in NYC.
- Volunteering your time to opportunities that impact kids in our city.
Contact Julia Schmidt for more details.
- July (reach out in mid-June): Week of 7/8-7/12
- August (reach out in mid-July) Week of 8/5-8/9
- September (Reach out in mid-August): Week of 9/9-9/13
- October (reach out in mid-September): Week of 9/30-10/4
- December (reach out in mid-November): Week of 12/9-12/13
- February (reach out in mid-January): Week of 2/3-2/7
- April (reach out in mid-March): Week of 4/6-4/10
Meet Our Associate Board Members
Vanessa Aronson (New York ‘14)
The Arc Companies LLC
Allysa Axelband (New York ’05)
Alexandra Bartholomew (Chicago ’10)
New Lebanon School
Taryn Benarroch (New York ‘05)
NYU Abu Dhabi
Alvarez & Marsal
Nicole Brisbane (Miami-Dade ‘05)
Policy & Political Consultant
Advocacy Vice Chair
Joshua Brookstein (New York ‘03)
Sahn Ward Coschignano, PLLC
Citigroup Global Markets
Vornado Realty Trust
Two Sigma Investments
Caitlin Donohue (Massachusetts ‘16)
Lindy Gould (Chicago ‘12)
Membership Vice Chair
Carolyn Harbaugh (Rio Grande Valley ‘08)
Diversity Vice Chair
Brendan Hawkes (Metro Atlanta ‘11)
Student Success Network
UBS Investment Bank
The Blackstone Group
Michael Lefferts (New York ’10)
The Boston Consulting Group
Yin Lin (New York ‘11)
The Blackstone Group
Emily Myerson (New Jersey ‘12)
A.J. Nagaraj (Hawai’i ‘06)
Stony Brook University
Sponsorship Vice Chair
Andrew Senter (Bay Area ‘10)
Victoria Senter (Chicago ‘13)
Dream Charter School
M.B.A. Candidate, Columbia University
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
Derek J. Smith (Houston ‘02)
A House on Beekman
Finance Vice Chair
Grace Sutherland (Charlotte ‘12)
Adrian Uribarri (Chicago ‘10)
Associate Board Chair
Jack Walsh (New York ‘13)
Sales Vice Chair
Christina Wright (Metro Atlanta ’12)
Alston + Bird