We are a group of passionate individuals committed to creating positive change within the movement for education equity in New York City.
Since 2007, the Associate Board (formerly the Junior Board) has rallied support among New York City’s champions and has raised nearly one million dollars to support Teach For America New York corps members, alumni, and the over 160,000 kids they collectively serve.
What We Do
Our sights are set on building sustainable support for Teach For America New York through:
- Events that spread awareness about the need for better education for all kids in NYC, regardless of zip code.
- Fundraising that directly supports better education for kids in NYC that need it the most!
- Volunteer experiences that offer an opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- New members and new friends! Learn more about joining below.
Become an Associate Board Member
Associate Board members formally agree to take their passion for education equity to the next level through the following activities:
- Investing your time and ideas through quarterly meetings, volunteer opportunities, and annual events.
- Committing to fundraising (or giving) $2,500 or more for NYC’s kids.
- Connecting us with people and organizations in your networks to help bring TFA NY closer to reaching its goals.
- Educating yourself and advocating to your peers about how we can improve the education outcomes for low-income communities in NYC.
- Volunteering your time to opportunities that impact kids in our city.
Interest in TFA NY's Associate Board
Contact Jessica Scalise for more details: Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Associate Board Members
Alexandra Bartholomew Michaelson (Chicago '10)
Greenwich Public Schools
Andrew Brown (Detroit '15)
JPMorgan Chase & Co
Andrew Senter (Bay Area '10)
ABCO HVACR Supply + Solutions
American Industrial Partners
Vornado Realty Trust
Christina Wright (Metro Atlanta '12)
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
The Blackstone Group
Dylan O'Shea (Baltimore '08)
Bank of America
Membership Vice Chair
Emily Myerson (New Jersey '12)
JR Fujimoto (Louisiana '08)
Katherine Roger (D.C. '08)
Samantha Miller (Philly '10)
O'Melveny + Myers LLP
Brookfield Asset Management
Victoria Stork (Mississippi Delta '11)
Baker & Hostetler, LLP
William Van Ullen
The Blackstone Group
Yin Lin (New York '11)
Zakariah Malik (Bay Area '14)
Cozen O’Connor Public Strategies