Teaching, And So Much More – With the Purpose and Impact You've Been Searching For
What Begins with Teaching in an Underserved School Turns into a Lifelong Mission
You will join 3,500 current corps members and over 35,300 diverse alumni leaders working to create necessary change inside and outside the classroom. Teach For America empowers you to make a real difference by giving you the resources and support you need to create lasting change.
Your journey starts with two years of teaching in an underserved classroom and the guidance you need from your regional team to foster deepened connections, build leadership skills, and elevate student outcomes to make a positive impact in the lives of learners throughout your career.
Financial and logistical worry shouldn’t hold you back from making a meaningful impact as a teacher. As a TFA corps member, you'll receive a robust compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
Opportunity for Impact
From the moment you step into the classroom, you'll have tangible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of students and your community. As a corps member you'll start to change the narrative for students by bringing your own experiences to life and helping students create their own realities from them.
Imagine the impact you can have:
- Teach For America will give you the tools and support you need to earn a living and shape the future, right now
- You'll positively impact children's lives while working to create a more equitable world
- We work in partnership with communities and the country's top leaders to remove systemic barriers to education and put students on a path toward success
- After your two-year commitment, you'll join a network of nearly 70,000 like-minded alumni and corps members working together to make a positive impact in schools, communities, and industries that shape the world our children live in
You Have the power to choose where you teach with TFA!
When you apply for Teach For America, you can choose the direction of your impact by choosing the place you’d like to teach. You can apply to up to three regions where you’d like to call home. Here’s what you need to know:
- There are over 40 regions across the United States to choose from – from rural to urban communities
- You can select the region you want to apply to most, with the option to select one or two alternatives that interest you
- Your choices won’t impact your chance of acceptance
- You’ll get an offer from one of the regions you select!
For more information on the regions where corps members teach, including the ability to filter regions by your specific needs, visit our Corps Member Placement Map powered by Avela.
Training & Support
From summer training to ongoing professional development, virtual learning to in-classroom practice, we will support you as you prepare for the first day of school, and beyond.
- Lesson Plans for Teaching Sustainability
- Build a strong foundation with training experiences like planning and rehearsing lessons, collaborative learning exercises, concept and teaching models introductions – and more
- Connect with other corps members across America during summer pre-service training
- Your teacher coach and regional team will partner with and guide you throughout your hiring process and school year
As a Teach For America corps member, your mental and social wellness are our top priority. We'll provide you with the financial, training, and community support you need to thrive in the classroom. Plus, many regions have additional mental health and wellness resources to support their corps members.
- Financial support: We offer needs-based and emergency financial assistance to help you make the transition to teaching
- Training: We'll train you to create a positive social-emotional learning environment for your students while also balancing your own needs
- Community: You'll be part of a thriving, supportive community of peers and mentors who will be there for you every step of the way
Join TFA and Open Doors to Opportunity for All
Ready to apply to Teach For America?
Our application is specifically designed so we can get to know you better! In addition to basic information, we’ll ask you to share your experiences with 300-400 word written reflections and required documents, so we can thoroughly assess you as a candidate before a possible interview.