Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the South Carolina region.
Salaries range from $36,000 to $40,000 for new teachers in South Carolina. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts.
Teach For America South Carolina supports the hiring and certification processes (and will provide detailed steps and information), but corps members are responsible to meet all requirements for employment and certification.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $3,166
- Taxes: $950
- Health Insurance: $100
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $2,116
Teach For America South Carolina will provide a one-time $1,500 signing bonus for all 2020 incoming Teach For America South Carolina corps members, to be paid on or around September 1, 2020. The signing bonus is an effort to show support for our teachers and to provide financial assistance as our corps members transition to South Carolina.
All teachers in are covered under the South Carolina Public Benefit Authority. Average benefits available in this region are:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Prescription benefits
- Routine preventative care
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Retirement benefits
- Average Deposit: $600 Single or $300 Shared
- Moving costs vary by location/moving distance
Rent & Utilities
- $750 Single / $375 Shared
- Health insurance - $100
- Utilities - $150
Access to a car is required to get around.