Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Charlotte-Piedmont Triad region.
Salaries range from $40,000 to $41,246 for new teachers in Charlotte-Piedmont Triad. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by TFA.
Average benefits of schools in this region:
- Health benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance programs
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Average Deposit: $750-1200
- Moving costs: $300
Rent & Utilities
- Single: $1200
- Shared: $775
- Average Rent + Utilities - Shared: $650-900
- Average Rent + Utilities - Single: $800-1200
A car is necessary in Charlotte-Piedmont Triad. Since corps members are very involved in locating housing, finding their schools, and setting up bank accounts along with other commitments after summer institute, we recommend that corps members without a car try to purchase one prior to arriving in the region.