Send your favorite teachers words of encouragement for Teacher Appreciation Week.
April 28, 2021
On any given day, you can find teachers encouraging students, updating parents on their child’s progress, or finding a second to check in on a fellow teacher. Educators pour so much into everyone around them and everything they do.
To help students, parents, administrative staff, principals, and other educators return the favor, we created this list of affirmations to send to your favorite teachers as a way to say thank you.
Just copy and paste, and send!
Take it a step further by tweeting your affirmation! Click on the phrase you want to send, include your teacher's name and school in your tweet! Press 'enter', and you're done!
- You always start our class on a positive note.
- You give us so much confidence.
- The music you play in class puts me in a good mood.
- Your positive attitude is unmatched and contagious!
- You’re such a good problem solver.
- You make learning fun!
- You take the time to understand and nurture my strengths. You see me for me.
- You handle distractions with finesse.
- Even when you’re hard on me, you show me you care. Your tough love encourages me.
- You taught me so much about overcoming obstacles academically and personally.
- You do your best and we see that!
- I appreciate you being patient with me when it felt like I was stuck.
- Your words of encouragement have helped me a lot this year.
- You never give up on me, even when I want to give up on myself.
- In addition to being an amazing teacher, you’re a good person!
- Your jokes are top-tier and they make my day!
- The way you break complicated topics down is incredibly helpful. You make things easier to understand and more enjoyable to learn.
- Even when you’re tired, your energy is still uplifting and optimistic. We needed that this year.
- You do a great job at being present, even when there are a lot of things going on during class.
- Your lesson plans are a reflection of your amazing creativity.
- You make my child/children feel great about themselves.
- You’re really good at trying new techniques that help my child gain a better understanding.
- You are resourceful and super creative.
- Your patience is something I’m grateful for and appreciate greatly.
- You make my child feel like they could be anything!
- You treat my child/children with so much love and respect and it shows.
- You show my child/children what discipline looks like from a framework of grace, empathy, and accountability.
- You make my child feel seen, especially on days when it’s hard for them to appreciate themselves.
- You are a great listener. You take the time to understand my concerns for my child/children.
- Even though we might not always agree, you always help us find common ground and a path forward to help my child succeed.
- I discover new things about my child every time we speak.
- I am incredibly proud of what you’ve done to help my child/my children.
Administrators / Principals
- Your efforts to improve yourself and your students do not go unnoticed.
- Each challenge you encounter, you overcome with a level of power and grace.
- You conquer the day like a true leader.
- Your work ethic is empowering.
- I love the way you take the time to reflect and modify your lessons to create a better learning experience for your students.
- You make good, smart, and thoughtful decisions.
- You are a dynamic, innovative, and amazing team player.
- I recognize your strengths and the way you bring out the best in your students as well as your peers.
- You approach every challenge as an opportunity to grow - and you do - beautifully!
- The time you’ve invested in your students makes our school a better place.
- I appreciate the variety of perspectives you bring to the table.
- You have a knack for making your students, peers, and parents feel appreciated and valued.
- You’re a huge contributor to creating peace and positivity at our school.
- I am incredibly proud of what you have done to help your students.
- Even though it takes so much effort, you make fun look seamless!
- Your support for our students is incredibly unmatched.
- Your listening skills and attention to detail are superb.
- The way you invest in yourself and others inspires me.
- You fearlessly tackle working outside of your comfort zone.
- You always see the glass half-full even when others see it half-empty.
- Your intuition is always spot on.
- I’m really proud of the moves you’ve been making.
- I learn so much from your teaching abilities.
- Your level of effectiveness and efficiency is top-tier!
- You have taught me so much about being mentally prepared for the unexpected.
- Your past experiences have made you smarter, wiser, and excellent for this work.
- You’re an awesome teacher to collaborate with!
- You treat everyone with respect, dignity, and care.
- On hard days, your words of encouragement help me push through.
- The way you stand up for yourself and others is admirable.
- I am so glad to work alongside you as we make a life-changing impact on the lives of our students.
- I am grateful to have an honest and sincere colleague like you.
- You do such a great job handling things that are not in your control. You bring a beautiful calm to the chaos around you and your students.
- You are always there to help when it seems like help is hard to find. You are a gift.
- You are more than enough. Your enough fills rooms. Fills cups. Fills hearts.
Feel free to edit any of the affirmations to add a personal touch Share your messages on Twitter by using the hashtag #ThankYouTeachers and mentioning @TeachForAmerica. We can't wait to see and share your posts on our page!