Free Stuff! Deals & Discounts for Teachers
Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week 2020 with these special freebies and savings.
April 30, 2020
This spring, teachers changed their entire syllabus within a moment's notice, they created an entirely new virtual classroom culture in days, and now they are serving as the one grounding bit of normalcy and respite for parents everywhere.
Now, more than ever, everyone understands the demanding, unrelenting, life-changing work of an educator. And this Teacher Appreciation Week, we wish you health, love, and a great big THANK YOU with a list of deals, discounts, and freebies, some of them available exclusively to TFA corps members and teachers. So go ahead, enjoy and spread the gift of knowledge, gratitude, and savings by sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #Love4Teachers.
Deals & Discounts Exclusive for Alumni and Corps Members
- Enterprise and National Car Rental: All Teach For America alumni and corps members are eligible to receive special discounts and benefits when renting with Enterprise for personal use. If renting for personal use, please call Enterprise at 1.800.261.7331 (24 hours) and use customer number XZ24174.
- FirstBook: Teach For America is partnering with FirstBook to help our teachers serving students in need to ensure all our kids have access to affordable, top-quality books and educational resources. Sign up now to receive your discount.
- Happy Teacher Revolution Starter Pack: A program created by TFA Baltimore alumna Danna Thomas, designed to help you take easy steps to implement self-care practices inside and outside the classroom. Sign up to get your Happy Teacher Revolution Starter Pack that has the potential to benefit not only your own life, but it also impacts all of those around you.
- Lumosity: Teach For America has partnered with Lumosity to provide a year-long premium subscription to all teachers. To get your annual subscription: (1) Go here; (2) Click "Activate"; (3) Create a new account using your school-issued or TFA-issued email address (registration using your school-issued or TFA-issued email address is required for the 1-year gift).
- MasterClass for Educators: MasterClass is donating an All-Access Pass from MasterClass (a $180 value) to each TFA teacher (alumni or corps member). As gratitude for your leadership, MasterClass is offering you this no-cost All Access Pass to their world-class instructors.
- Thrive: Thrive Market offers TFA corps members and alumni a free membership. Thrive Market is an online marketplace on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. Join today and shop all products for your home and health at up to 30 percent off.
Discounts for All Teachers
Apps, Technology, and Virtual Learning
- Amazon: Amazon is committed to building effective learning solutions to support educators and students with many different teaching perks and deals.
- Apple: For faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels, Apple offers a range of special savings and pricing on Apple Music, Macs and iPads, select accessories, and more.
- Adobe: Teachers and students save over 60 percent on Creative Cloud software and more.
- Free Adobe Spark Toolkit: Students and teachers who use Spark love that it empowers everyone to create beautiful graphics, web pages, and videos—no design experience needed. Adobe has created an all-in-one toolkit for teachers to learn from, and customize it for your school or district.
- AT&T: Score big with 15 percent off wireless and other services from AT&T.
- Breathe For Change: Breathe For Change hosts wellness, self-care, and education resources to support families, educators, and students in taking care of themselves and each other during this uncertain time. Breathe For Change invites you to join live interactive community wellness experiences for educators and families. Click here if you'd like to be notified about other digital wellness experiences.
- Bose: Enjoy special pricing on Bose sound equipment for your home, office, or school.
- Dell: Public school teachers and K-12 students receive exclusive discounts on select laptops, desktops, tablets, and other Dell products and accessories through Dell's Member Purchase Program.
- HP: Sign up to receive discounts on quality refurbished computers.
- Lenovo’s: Browse discounts on laptops, tablets, and computers based on location and school.
- Microsoft Education: Find affordable Windows 10 devices that are built for education and get access to offers and discounts like Office 365 and 10 percent off of Microsoft Surface devices, and much more.
- Samsung: Sign up for Samsung's Student & Educator Discount Program and receive easy access to low prices and special offers on computers, tablets, mobile phones, televisions, appliances, and more.
- Sprint: Teachers, administrators, and other education employees can access savings and special offers through its Sprint Works Program.
- Storyline Online: The site features hundreds of videos of well-known actors reading children’s picture books with a companion “Activity Guide” for teachers.
- SeeSaw: This free virtual learning platform that can be used independently, or linked through Google Classroom, and is available both on the web as an app. User-friendly and intuitive for teachers and students, the platform is especially strong for younger learners, students with lower reading levels, or novice tech-users. SeeSaw is free to sign up and the majority of services and helpful resources for teachers are currently available for free.
- Verizon: Government and education employees receive special monthly discounts on Verizon Wireless.
Arts and Crafts
- A.C. Moore: 15 percent off both regular-priced and sale items when you show a school ID or paystub.
- DickBlick Art Supplies: Blick for Educators offers supply discounts, special deals, free lesson plans, and more.
- Jo-Ann Fabric: Snag a Teacher Rewards Discount Card for 20 percent off every purchase year-round.
- Michael’s: Teachers get 15 percent off in-store purchases at this craft superstore.
- Naked Binder: Naked Binder works to make products safe for kids to use and safe for the environment—100 percent recyclable. Email (info at nakedbinder.com) or call (877-446-2533) and let them know what school you are with to receive discount code.
- Pencils.com: Write on! Pencils.com offers teachers, administrators, and other school officials 10 percent off on all orders.
- Party City: Provide a letter, signed by an officer of your school or organization on official letterhead to receive up to 20 percent off your entire order.
Books and Media
- Audible: Audible is offering a large collection of audiobooks for free. It includes sections for ages from “Littlest Listeners” through “Teens,” as well as “Literary Classics” and “Folk & Fairy Tales.” The free collection also includes audiobooks in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, and Japanese.
- Audiobooks.com: Audiobooks.com has more than 40,000 incredible audiobooks that will take you anywhere you want to go. Teachers get two books free.
- Barnes & Noble: Enjoy discounts of up to 25 percent off the publisher’s list price during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Books-A-Million: Receive 20 percent off purchases for the classroom at BAM!
- Half Price Books: Save 10 percent year-round with HPB’s Educator’s Discount Card.
- Lakeshore Learning: Teacher’s Club members receive 15 percent off in-store purchases.
- National Geographic: Receive discounted pricing on Geno 2.0 DNA Ancestry Kits courtesy of NatGeo.
- PBS: Enjoy 20 percent off media and award-winning PBS content for your classroom.
- The New York Times: Subscribe to the Times with discounted rates for educators and schools.
- NEA magazine service: National Education Association members can score up to 85 percent off the cover price of more than 900 magazines.
- Scholastic Teacher Store: Take advantage of up to 75 percent off items at the Scholastic Teacher Store.
- Trift Books: Show your teacher ID for an extra 15 percent off all used class book set purchases.
- USA Today: Educators can get up to 45 percent off classroom subscriptions.
- Washington Post: Active K-12 teachers and U.S. college students, faculty, and staff are eligible to save 50 percent with the Academic Rate.
- Ann Taylor LOFT: LOFT Loves Teachers, and the feeling is mutual. Enroll to receive 15 percent off—and a whole host of other benefits–every day.
- Bonobos: Verify your teacher ID to get 20 percent off five different orders throughout the year.
- Canon: Cano offers discounts on a diverse selection of quality, brand name imaging equipment for teachers, department heads, and administrators from any school.
- Columbia: Apply to Columbia's Professional Purchase Program for teachers and government employees to get 15 percent off any order.
- Container Store: The Container Store Organized Teacher program offers educators special discounts throughout the year to help organize their classrooms. Be sure to sign up before the program ends on December 31.
- Dooney & Bourke: Dooney & Bourke supports hardworking educators like you, and are happy to offer 15 percent off your order at dooney.com.
- FedEx Office National Educators Discount Program: Corps members and alumni can receive 15 percent off most products and services at participating FedEx Office locations nationwide. Reach out to your local TFA regional office to acquire a regional discount card then simply present your regional discount card to receive your discount when making a purchase in-store or online.
- Hanes Brands: Current and retired educators across the nation receive 10 percent off at all Hanes Brand stores, including Champion, Bali, and more.
- J.Crew: Flash your teacher ID at J.Crew and enjoy 15% off full-price items.
- Karen Kane: Snag 20 percent off purchases with valid teacher ID.
- Reebok: As a verified teacher you are qualified for a discount on shoes and apparel of up to 50 percent from Reebok.
- Madewell: We heart Madewell, but it can hurt the wallet, so 15 percent off in-store for teachers is very welcome.
- Overstock: Enjoy free shipping on every purchase, rewards for purchases, and additional perks with Club O Classroom Membership.
- TOMS: Students and teachers alike can look forward to a 10 percent discount on footwear and accessories.