Be on the Front Lines of Change
Education needs the most driven, passionate leaders your generation has to offer. As a teacher, you’ll take on the fight of our time—ensuring students growing up in poverty get an excellent education. By joining Teach For America, you’ll join a powerful network of leaders who have become teachers in low-income rural and urban schools and are making a profound impact on communities.
What you’ll do:
Teach For America recruits, trains, and supports talented and ambitious individuals to lead a classroom in one of 53 urban and rural regions nationwide. You'll work as a full-time teacher, employed by a school district.
What you’ll teach:
Teach For America teachers teach all grade levels including early childhood education (preschool/pre-K), kindergarten, elementary/primary school, middle/intermediate school, and high school.
You'll be matched to where you can have the greatest possible impact. Our corps members teach a variety of subjects, including (but not limited to): science, math, computer science, humanities, language arts, English, reading, special education, Spanish/bilingual education, ESL, history, social studies, and many more.
- All professional backgrounds and majors are encouraged to apply
- Two-year teaching opportunity (pre-K-12, all subjects)
- Full salary and benefits
- Need-based funding for relocation and transition
- Leadership and teacher development are provided
- Application deadlines:
- August 19, 2016
- September 16, 2016
- October 19, 2016
- December 9, 2016
- January 27, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- Bachelor’s degree by June 2017 or earlier
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status