Are you a driven and energetic leader seeking to leave a mark on your campus? We invite you to apply to Rise, an all-expenses-paid student leadership conference.
Teach For America’s Rise Student Leadership Conference is a selective national conference for college sophomores and juniors of all majors.
The 2019 conference occurred April 5-7 in Philadelphia. Our 2020 application will open this fall.
As a Rise participant, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of how to positively affect your campus and community as a student leader. You’ll learn about educational inequity and how you can work to address inequities both inside and outside the classroom, while meeting other college changemakers and networking with TFA corps members, alumni, and staff.
- Influence: Develop a deeper understanding of how to leave a mark on your campus
- Leadership: Discover ways to leverage and expand your impact
- Network: Build partnerships and friendships with other campus leaders
- Experience: Learn skills applicable to every college major and career field
- Travel: TFA covers expenses, including travel, meals, and lodging
“Rise was powerful and thought provoking, and it forced me to challenge myself into thinking about how I can affect the next generation with my actions now.”
Applications for the 2020 conference will open in fall 2019. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
How does TFA’s mission align with your personal goals in college and in the future?
As a student leader, there are many opportunities for you to develop your leadership and attend programs to build on your skills. Why specifically are you interested in attending TFA’s Rise Student Leadership Conference? What are skills, connections, and/or further insights about Teach For America are you hoping to walk away with?
At TFA, we aspire to embody the commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness we envision for the United States and its Indigenous Nations. In what ways does this commitment align with your work and approach as a leader and/or in what ways are you interested in further developing your leadership through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness?
The timeline for Rise 2020 will be available in the late fall.
In order to be considered for the 2020 Rise Conference, you must:
- Be a current college sophomore or junior
- All undergraduate institutions and majors will be considered
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Hold a leadership position in a campus organization or aspire to hold future leadership roles in a current organization
- Your resume should be one page. It should give us a comprehensive view of your education, campus involvement, leadership roles, and work experience. See sample.
- Please upload your resume with the file naming convention “FirstName.LastName.Rise.”
- Prepare your responses to the short-answer questions in a Word document first and save, checking for readability and grammar. You will need to copy and paste your responses into the application.
- Familiarize yourself with TFA’s mission and reflect on what it means to you as you respond to the short-answer questions.
- We highly recommend that you reach out to your campus TFA recruiter to learn more about Rise and get more application tips.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.