If you believe more leaders are needed to drive systemic change in the fight for educational equality, then the Recruitment Team is for you.
The Recruitment Team (RT) seeks promising leaders in the movement to eliminate educational inequity. We inspire thousands of potential corps members on college campuses and in the professional world to apply for and join TFA—fueling our political, social, and economic future.
The RT is composed of people who care about and support each other. Through culturally-competent practices, we find inspiration and joy in recruiting leaders to the corps. Members of the RT go on to leadership positions across TFA, and beyond. Joining the team as a Recruitment Manager is a primary launching point.
Recruitment Managers (RMs) grow and strengthen the movement for educational equity by compelling top leaders to join the Teach For America corps. As a Recruitment Manager, you will execute visions and lead strategic plans for campaigns, identify and cultivate diverse top prospects to act, and inspire a broad network of constituents to build a large, diverse, and talented corps. Some of the role responsibilities can include:
- Set and define strategy to achieve goals for outcomes tailored to college or professional markets.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders for campus, partner organizations, and/or professional community in recruitment campaigns to maximize outreach efforts and promote a stronger organizational brand(e.g., administrators, faculty members, career service representatives, advisors, presidents of organizations, etc).
- Work across teams to plan, execute, and improve strategy, using data-based tools to identify gaps, patterns, and opportunities within campaigns and develop solutions to achieve outcomes.
- Consistently leverage learning results from successes and failures that are conclusive, specific, and evidence-based to make pivots for campaigns and to inform broader cohort/team-wide innovation and/or strategy.
Our timeline and process may vary depending on the needs of the Recruitment Team, but applicants can generally expect to participate in the following:
- Application Stage: Candidates will complete an initial application with short response questions (in lieu of a Cover Letter)
- First Interview Stage: Candidates moving to this stage will engage in an initial phone screen interview to share more about their candidacy (~30 minutes, no pre-work)
- Second Interview Stage: Candidates moving to this stage will meet with Hiring Managers to participate in both a Role Play and Strategy Exercise (~60-90 minutes, with approximately 60 minutes of pre-work)
- Final Interview Stage: Candidates invited to this final interview stage will engage in a 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager for the position (~30-60 minutes, no pre-work)
We know that engaging in interview processes can be time consuming and stressful. Our team is committed to ensuring transparency on the timeline and process throughout this cycle for all candidates moving to the interview stage. Candidates can reach out to RTStaffing@teachforamerica.org at any time with questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Different positions at TFA may require different skillsets. Candidates who apply for multiple positions will go through more than one hiring process. We will tryour best to streamline the interview processes, but we want you to be prepared for the time commitment that may be required if you move forward for multiple positions.
You do not! Both positions have the same application and will go through a similar interview process. As you learn more about each role's distinctive responsibilities, you will be able to share your preference for the one that is aligned to your interests. Hiring managers will consider both your preferences and your strengths in the interview process to make decisions related to your candidacy.
Please let us know! Email RTStaffing@teachforamerica.org — we want to hear about it from you. We encourage you to be transparent with us at every step in the process, so we can best accommodate your needs when possible.
We’re sorry you’re having trouble! Please email us at RTStaffing@teachforamerica.org so we can help you troubleshoot.