Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Ohio region.
Salaries range from $36,000 to $44,000 for new teachers in Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by TFA.
The following is a range of how your monthly costs and pay may look:
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $2,600-$3,500
- Taxes: $600-$750
- Health Insurance: $100-$200
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $1,800-$2,650
All school partners provide the corps members that they employ with competitive salaries and benefits packages. These benefits typically include:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision care, referral-free access to doctors, vaccinations (e.g., flu shots), and routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
- First month’s rent and deposit: $550-$1100
- Moving expenses and furniture: $500
Rent & Utilities
- $785-$950 Single / $750-$685 Shared
Living expenses vary throughout the region, but plan to budget for food, transportation, health insurance, gas and car insurance, and utilities.
Most corps members find that a car is required to get around in Ohio.