Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Alabama region.
Salaries range from $39,000 - $45,000 for new teachers in Alabama. Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts. They are responsible for obtaining certification and employment and are not paid by Teach For America.
Our partner schools offer health insurance and retirement benefits, though the specific plans will vary from school to school. Many of our partner schools will also offer additional benefits, but they vary widely depending on placement.
- First Month's Rent and Deposit: $300 - $1,200
- Professional Attire: $200
- School Supplies: $200
- Travel to Summer Training: $30 - $300
- Single: $800
- Shared: $500
Costs may vary depending on which certification path a teacher chooses and the university partner.
- Up-front Testing Costs: $120 - $180
- Up-front Certification Costs: $120
- Ongoing Certification Costs: $3,000 - $10,000
Alabama corps members will require a car.