Develop your leadership as a staff member at one of our national or regional summer institutes.
Institute is a rigorous, hands-on experience required for incoming corps members. It prepares corps members with foundational knowledge and skills that they’ll continue to develop and hone throughout their time in the corps. Corps members attend either a national or regional institute, depending on their region and subject matter.
National Institute Assignments
We take a centralized approach to hiring a highly qualified and diverse staff to work at our national institutes. We take into consideration
- The regions where you have previously worked and/or are currently working
- The grade(s) and content areas in which you have experience (for instructional roles)
- Your availability
Teach For America reviews all applications and reserves the right to route applications to different national institutes, depending on need and availability. You’ll be notified of the position’s location as soon as possible.
Applying for Summer Staff Institute Positions
Before submitting your application, please read the job description carefully to ensure that you have all the required documents. Most applications require a resume, cover letter, and applicant activity. Your application is not complete until you receive an email notification stating it’s completed. View 2019 institute roles and hiring timelines.
Application Process & Requirements:
- Submit your initial application online (resume and basic information)
- Receive an “Application Started” email with institute and reference forms
- Complete the appropriate form(s), depending on the job description requirements for each role
- Receive a “Completed Application” email
- If moving ahead, receive a phone interview invitation
- Schedule phone interview
- Attend phone interview
- Receive accepted, wait-listed, or declined notification
- If accepted, accept or decline your offer
- Attend pre-institute training
- Live and work at institute
Interested in an Institute Summer Staff Role?
Learn more about our available national and regional institute summer staff roles.