Learn more about average salaries, cost of living, and expenses in the Jacksonville region.
Corps members are independently hired by local schools or districts and are responsible for obtaining employment. They are not paid by Teach For America. The region may provide some assistance with obtaining certification.
Salary ranges from $34,000 - $40,000 for new teachers in Jacksonville.
- Monthly Pre-Tax Salary: $2,833
- Taxes: $245.69
- Health Insurance: $200
- Monthly Take Home Pay: $1477.31
- Health Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision care (Additional cost)
- Referral-free access to doctors
- Routine preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Family-planning services
- Vaccinations (e.g., flu shots)
- Life insurance (Additional cost)
Corps members teaching in Jacksonville can apply for a state scholarship for attracting and retaining high academic achievers in the teaching profession.
- Average deposit: $800
- Moving costs: $2,000
Rent and Utilities
- Single: $850-$975; Shared: $650-$825
Monthly living expenses will vary based on where you live, but plan to budget for:
- Health Insurance
- Internet and cell phone
- Gas, car payment, and car insurance
Most corps members find that a car is required to get around.