Jacksonville corps members receive a three-year non-renewable temporary certificate. In order to qualify for the temporary certificate, all corps members are required to:
- Pass a Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) Subject Area Exam prior to their first day of teaching
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) Middle Grades Integrated Certification exam prior to their first day of teaching
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) General Knowledge Test
- Provide two copies of their degree-conferred transcript from an accredited college or university
- Pay a $75 fee to the Florida Department of Education for each subject area certification applied for
If corps members choose to pursue full professional certification, they must enroll in an alternative certification program and pass the Professional Education Test (PEd) by the end of their third year. Duval County Public Schools offers a low-cost summer alternative certification program that some corps members have opted to participate in.