#ThankATeacher With Words of Affirmation
Tell your favorite teacher how much you appreciate them with these words of encouragement.
April 26, 2022
From encouraging students to partnering with parents on their child’s progress, teachers give so much to their students and our communities every day – despite unprecedented challenges.
To help return the favor, we created this list of affirmations to send to your favorite teachers as a way to say thank you. Whether you’re a grateful parent, student, administrator, or fellow educator, saying thanks is easy.
Just copy, paste and send!
Or, take it a step further and share your love on Twitter. Simply click on the phrase you want to send and include your teacher’s name and school.
- You always start our class on a positive note.
- You give us so much confidence.
- The music you play in class puts me in a good mood.
- Your positive attitude is unmatched and contagious!
- You’re such a good problem solver.
- You take the time to really listen to me.
- You make learning fun!
- You take the time to understand and nurture my strengths. You see me for me.
- Even when you’re hard on me, you show me you care. Your tough love encourages me.
- You have taught me so much about overcoming obstacles.
- You do your best and we see that!
- I appreciate you being patient with me when it felt like I was stuck.
- Your words of encouragement have helped me a lot this year.
- You never give up on me, even when I want to give up on myself.
- In addition to being an amazing teacher, you’re a good person!
- Your jokes always make my day!
- The way you break complicated topics down is incredibly helpful. You make things easier to understand and more enjoyable to learn.
- No matter what, your energy is uplifting and optimistic. We needed that this year.
- You do a great job at being present, even when there are a lot of things going on during class.
- Your lesson plans are a reflection of your amazing creativity.
- You make my child/children feel great about themselves.
- You’re really good at trying new techniques that help my child gain a better understanding.
- You are resourceful and super creative.
- Your patience is something I’m grateful for and appreciate greatly.
- You make my child feel like they could be anything!
- You treat my child/children with so much love and respect and it shows.
- You show my child/children what discipline looks like from a framework of grace, empathy, and accountability.
- You make my child feel seen, especially on days when it’s hard for them to appreciate themselves.
- You are a great listener. You take the time to understand my concerns for my child/children.
- Even though we might not always agree, you always help us find common ground and a path forward to help my child succeed.
- I discover new things about my child every time we speak.
- I am incredibly proud of what you’ve done to help my child/my children.
Administrators & Principals
- Your efforts to improve yourself and your students do not go unnoticed.
- You overcome each challenge you encounter with a level of power and grace.
- You conquer the day like a true leader.
- Your work ethic is empowering.
- I love the way you take the time to reflect and modify your lessons to create a better learning experience for your students.
- You make good, smart, and thoughtful decisions.
- You are a dynamic, innovative, and amazing team player.
- I recognize your strengths and the way you bring out the best in your students as well as your peers.
- You approach every challenge as an opportunity to grow - and you do - beautifully!
- The time you’ve invested in your students makes our school a better place.
- I appreciate the variety of perspectives you bring to the table.
- You have a knack for making your students, peers, and parents feel appreciated and valued.
- You’re a huge contributor to creating peace and positivity at our school.
- I am incredibly proud of what you have done to help your students.
- Even though it takes so much effort, you make fun look seamless!
- Your support for our students is incredibly unmatched.
- Your listening skills and attention to detail are superb.
- The way you invest in yourself and others inspires me.
- You fearlessly tackle working outside of your comfort zone.
- You always see the glass half-full even when others may see it half-empty.
- Your intuition is always spot on.
- I’m really proud of the moves you’ve been making.
- I learn so much from your teaching abilities.
- Your level of effectiveness and efficiency is top-tier!
- You have taught me so much about being mentally prepared for the unexpected.
- Your past experiences have made you smarter, wiser, and excellent for this work.
- You’re an awesome teacher to collaborate with!
- You treat everyone with respect, dignity, and care.
- On hard days, your words of encouragement help me push through.
- The way you stand up for yourself and others is admirable.
- I am so glad to work alongside you as we make positive impacts on the lives of our students.
- I am grateful to have an honest and sincere colleague like you.
- You do such a great job handling things that are not in your control. You bring a beautiful calm to the chaos around you and your students.
- You are always there to help when it seems like help is hard to find. You are a gift.
- You are more than enough. Your enough fills rooms. Fills cups. Fills hearts.
Add a personal touch by editing any of the affirmations to make them your own. And don’t forget to share your messages on social media using the #ThankATeacher @teachforamerica – we’ll share your posts on our page!