TFA Miami-Dade Hosts Mid-Year MeetUp for Corps Members & Alumni Educators
On Saturday, December 8th, TFA Miami-Dade hosted our Mid-Year MeetUp, one of three annual days of wellness for corps members and alumni educators to reset and recharge throughout the school year.
December 10, 2018
On Saturday, December 8th, nearly 150 TFA Miami-Dade teachers and alumni educators gathered at Miami’s beautiful Jungle Island for our Mid-Year MeetUp. The day kicked off with an interactive panel on educational equity followed by an inspiring discussion-driven brunch about the intersections of identity and leadership. During the second part of the day, teachers chose to participate in an array of wellness activities ranging from health and nutrition to yoga, boot camp training, and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
Watch the recap video below to see the highlights!
Thank you to all of our partners and facilitators who stepped up to help us #RaiseMiami by supporting TFA teachers to feel and become their best selves for their students!
- Jessica Barrientos, 12th Grade, Academy of Fine Arts
- Adith Caliz, 11th Grade, Miami Central Senior High
- Diana Gibson, Lead Teacher, Overtown Youth Center
- Diana Loubeau, Assistant Principal, North Miami Senior
- Jessica Rodriguez, Parent, KIPP Miami
- Miami Dolphins Foundation
- B-Fit Biscayne Training Studio, Samuel Simpson
- Happy Teacher Revolution, Danna Thomas (Baltimore '11)
- Mindful Kids Miami, Dorlisa Banbanaste
- Shameless by Steph, Stephanie Shames
- Sol Yoga, Marissa Lew
- Treat Nutrition, Elizabeth Tweedy
- Diana Haber (Miami-Dade '17)
- Beatriz Guevara (Miami-Dade '17)
- Svetlana Valdes (Miami-Dade '17)