Miami-Dade Alumni Opportunity at DART - Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center is accepting applications for highly selective career opportunities in grassroots community organizing. Positions start August 12, 2019.
December 4, 2018
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will hold an online information session on Thursday, December 6 at 6 pm eastern to discuss careers in community organizing with TFA Miami-Dade students and alumni interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice. RSVP for the info session here.
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
- Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
- Reining in predatory lending practices
- Expanding access to primary health and dental care
- Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
- Fighting for immigrants' rights
- Police accountability
Positions start January 14, 2019 in the following cities:
- St. Petersburg and Jacksonville, FL
- Columbus, OH
- Lexington, KY
- Charlottesville, VA
Positions start August 12, 2019 in the following cities:
- St. Petersburg, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach and Fort Myers, FL
- Lexington and Louisville, KY,
- Columbus, OH,
- Richmond and Charlottesville, VA
- Columbia, SC.
Starting salary $38,000/year + benefits.
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
To find out more about DART or to apply, we encourage you to visit http://thedartcenter.org/
Still have questions? Contact John Aeschbury at email@example.com or (614) 425-5501.