Seeking passionate changemakers who are eager to make an immediate impact. We invite college sophomores and juniors of all majors to apply to join our one-week spring break experience.
As an Impact participant, you’ll complete meaningful service projects, immerse yourself in a region’s rich history, and build relationships with college students from around the country.
Impact is an all-expenses-paid experience. With your Impact team, you’ll travel to a region to engage in hands-on work that will positively affect students, families, and communities with whom TFA partners.
Impact 2019 took place from March 10-15, 2019 in Tulsa, OK. The 2020 application will open late this fall.
“I think it’s easy in college to get caught up in that campus bubble where you’re just thinking about your own life and not really stepping outside of that to take notice of your greater community.”
Why Choose Impact?
- Service: Complete hands-on projects in a TFA region
- Leadership: Positively affect the lives of students and their families
- Network: Meet college students and changemakers from across the country
- Travel: TFA will cover expenses, including travel, meals, and lodging
- Experience: Engage in work that intersects service with educational inequity
To read one Impact participant’s journey, read Fired and Ready to Lead by University of Florida student and 2019 corps member, Ernesto Godinez.
The application for Impact 2020 will open next fall. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
The application requires you to upload a resume and write 100- to 200-word response to three questions.
There are many opportunities to engage in service programs as a college student. Why do you specifically want to join TFA’s Impact: Spring Break? What experiences, connections, and/or further insights are you hoping to walk away with?
What about TFA’s broader work and mission resonates with you? How does the mission align with your personal goals in college and in your future?
- What type of impact do you envision yourself making—whether on campus, in your future career, or in your personal life?
The timeline for Impact 2020 will be available in the late fall.
In order to be considered for Impact, you must:
- Be a current college sophomore or junior
- All undergraduate institutions and majors will be considered
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Your resume should be one page. It should give us a comprehensive view of your education, campus involvement, leadership roles, and work experience. See sample.
- Please upload your resume with the file naming convention “FirstName.LastName.Impact.”
- Prepare your responses to the short-answer questions in a Word document first and save, checking for readability and grammar. You will need to copy and paste your responses into the application.
- Familiarize yourself with TFA’s mission and reflect on what it means to you as you respond to the short-answer questions.
- We highly recommend that you reach out to your campus TFA recruiter to learn more about Rise and get more application tips.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.