APPLY TO TEACH FOR AMERICA EARLY
Teach For America is offering top college juniors and co-terming seniors the opportunity to apply for early admission into the 2016 corps. Here are a few reasons why you might want to apply now:
You are planning to apply next year to Teach For America's 2016 corps and you want your admissions decision early so that you can focus on course work and prepare for your corps experience during your final year.
You have a summer internship that may lead to a full-time job offer, and you’d like to consider that position and Teach For America on the same timeline.
You want to know if this option is on the table before you consider opportunities during the fall job recruitment season.
You won’t be able to apply during your final year because you’ll be abroad or have another conflict with our admissions timeline.
- HOW TO APPLY
- PREPARING FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Our admissions process is designed to help us identify whether applicants possess the characteristics we’ve seen in our most successful corps members. We admit people whose unique strengths convince us that they have what it takes to lead students to significant academic success. Juniors and co-terming seniors will be evaluated on the same criteria as any other applicant, and we encourage you to apply when you believe your application will be the strongest, whether that is now or in your senior year.
Applicants to Teach For America must submit an online application. Applications are non-binding. Subsequent rounds of the admissions process will include an online activity, phone interview, and final in-person interview. If you are admitted to the corps, you will attend our summer training in summer 2016 and begin teaching in fall 2016.
- Online Application Window: January 2 - March 6, 2015
- Phone Interviews: March 14 - March 17, 2015
- Online Activity Window: March 23 - March 25, 2015
- Final Interview: April 6 - April 9, 2015
- Final Admissions Notification: May 7, 2015
- Submit personal information, academic history, and leadership experience
- Upload resume: one page strongly recommended, two-page limit
- Submit short answer responses: 300 words each.
Learn if you’ve been invited to an interview on March 12.
- Sign up for a phone interview timeslot by March 14
- Participate in a 30-45 minute phone interview
Learn if you’ve been invited to a final interview on March 20
- Applicants invited to a final interview will need to complete the online activity before signing up for an interview date and location.
- Access two-part Online Activity
- Allot two hours to complete activity in one sitting by 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT March 25
Please note: Internet access is required to complete this required activity.
Before April 6
- Sign up for an interview location and date
- Prepare a five-minute sample teaching lesson
- Read assigned articles
- Complete Assignment Preference Form: Submit your regional and subject and grade-level preferences
- Complete Coursework Information Form: List your coursework to determine what you are eligible to teach
- Upload official transcript from every undergraduate/graduate university you have attended
- Upload documents proving that you are a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Ensure two recommenders submit Online Recommendation Forms
Please note: Interviews are held during weekday business hours.
- View your final admissions decision
Accept or decline our offer by Fall 2015
Interested in Applying?
Eligible applicants will be able to access the Early Deadline application starting January 2, 2015. The deadline for the early admission to the 2016 corps is March 6, 2015. To start an application, click here.