Join the remarkable people working to improve education across America.
Most Popular New Year's Resolutions for Corps Members
From 2009 to 2012, Dear Molly (a 1999 Rio Grande Valley alum) blogged about all things classroom management-related for Teach For America’s corps members. Dear Molly is now head of teacher development at Mastery Charter Schools in Philadelphia.
With 2013 upon us, of course resolutions are top of mind. In that spirit, I wanted to share the most popular New Year’s resolutions for corps members that I’ve seen. The year may change, but some things remain the same.
- Resolution 1: Lesson plan in advance. For real.
- Resolution 2: Get classroom organized and update the classroom library.
- Resolution 3: Stop wishing I was still in college.
- Resolution 4: Grade every single day.
- Resolution 5: Do something I love to do every week, even if it is this, this or this.
- Resolution 6: Just try one more incentive system.
- Resolution 7: Finally lose the 10 pounds I gained at Institute.
- Resolution 8: Stop wearing drawstring and/or breakaway pants and pretending they are professional dress.
- Resolution 9: Realize that school cafeteria food (Frito Pie, Pizza or Hot Cheetos) is not a legitimate adult lunch option.
- Resolution 10: Admit that I actually have one of the most fun, interesting and important jobs in the world.
Here's a list of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. Good luck sticking to yours!