Interested in a new role in education? Sign up for our Educator Resume Collection. This national initiative is tailored for alumni and second-year corps members in all regions seeking school-based positions for the 2017-18 school year (e.g., teacher, teaching coach, instructional specialist, assistant principal, principal).
Upload your resume and complete a short survey that will prompt you to select employers and regions of interest. Teach For America will share your resume with the employers you select. Interested employers will then reach out to you.
Resumes will be shared with employers on a rolling basis from January 20 to March 10. Act fast!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is this collection different from past resume collections?
- What if I am interested in part-time or summer opportunities?
- What if I update my resume? Can I replace it?
- I saved my submission information but do not see my responses. What should I do?
- What should I do if I don’t hear from any employers and or regions?
- I am having trouble with the survey link. What should I do?
- I am relocating to a new TFA region. How else can I learn about the TFA region I am transitioning to?
Find detailed responses to each question below.
1. How is this collection different from past resume collections?
We have made some exciting changes to this year’s Educator Resume Collection:
- This year employers and regional staff members will have access to resumes of any alumni or second-year corps members on a rolling basis. In the past, we had to wait until the end of the collection window to share resumes. We hope employers' receiving resumes in real time will enable them to get in touch with you sooner.
- We are offering participants the option to select both regions and employers. Their resumes will only be shared with those employers of interest. Participants can also indicate if they're open to us being in touch regarding other opportunities in the future.
- This year, participants have the option to return to the survey to update any information and/or resume that has been uploaded.
2. What if I am interested in part-time or summer opportunities?
We are only advertising full-time school-based opportunities for the 2017-18 school year. If you are interested in part-time or summer opportunities, please visit our Educator Professional Development and Opportunities site, a pilot site that allows visitors to browse these types of opportunities. If you have an opportunity to post, you can post directly too.
Additionally, you can visit the People and Opportunities Hub for other job-seeking needs.
3. What if I update my resume? Can I replace it?
Once you submit your completed survey, you will receive a retake link. This link is tied to your responses and enables you to return to your submission, where you can make updates as needed.
4. I saved my submission information but do not see my responses. What should I do?
Your information is being saved based on device cookies. When saving your survey, you should make sure you are using the same device to complete your submission.
5. What should I do if I don’t hear from any employers and or regions?
If you're interested in a particular organization or region we welcome participants to reach out directly to the point of contact. Please reference the point of contact below:
Employer contact information.
Regional contact information.
6. I am having trouble with the survey link. What should I do?
If you have any issues with the survey, email us.
7. I am relocating to a new TFA region. How else can I learn about the TFA region I am transitioning to?
Teach For America has separate pages for each region. Please go to “Where We Work” and select your region of interest. Also, see our list of regional alumni contacts.
Additional questions or concerns? Email us.